The 14th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, Pervasive Health 2020 invites Posters proposals that address innovative and important topics related to the application of pervasive technologies in the field of healthcare.
Posters?aim at reporting on the progress of ongoing research and insights into the lessons learned from current pervasive healthcare projects. Posters invite a wide range of topics and types of work including evaluations, methodologies, technological innovation, and design in the area of pervasive health. Please note that a shorter version of already published work will be rejected. We encourage the authors to use the Posters venue as a way to open up discussions with the Pervasive Health community about their early work in progress and develop the work for future publication and innovation.
Posters provide authors an opportunity to present their ongoing work, including research, service, prototype or product addressing one or more of the suggested topics as presented in the general call for participation. A successful submission communicates ideas and concepts in a powerful way that a regular presentation cannot. All accepted submissions are showcased during the conference, where the presenters have the ability to interact with the conference attendees and showcase their work and technologies. We, therefore, encourage making your presentation visually or otherwise appealing and presenting it in an innovative way.
We welcome contributions from the following fields:
- Sensing/Actuating Technologies and Pervasive Computing
- Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health Professions
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
- Hardware and Software Infrastructures
List of topics
We seek novel, innovative, and exciting work in areas including but not limited to:
- Identifying and addressing stakeholder needs
- Usability and acceptability
- Barriers and enablers to adoption
- Social implications of pervasive health technology, and social inclusion
- Coverage and delivery of pervasive healthcare services
- Patient and caregiver empowerment
- Diversity: population and condition-specific requirements
- Inclusive research and design: engaging underrepresented populations
- Digital interventions and health behavior change
- Autonomous systems to support independent living
- Clinical applications, validation and evaluation studies
- Telemedicine and mHealth solutions
- Chronic disease and health risk management applications
- Health/Wellbeing promotion and disease prevention
- Home-based health and wellness measurement and monitoring
- Continuous vs event-driven monitoring of patients
- Smart homes and hospitals
- Using mobile devices in the storage, update, and transmission of patient data
- Wellbeing and lifestyle support
- Systems to support individuals with auditory, cognitive, or vision impairments
- Systems to support caregivers
Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Physiological models for interpreting medical sensor data
- Activity recognition and fall detection
- User modeling and personalization
- Modeling of Pervasive Healthcare environments
- Sensor-based decision support systems
- Design and evaluation of the patient and ambient-related sensors
- Wearable and implantable sensor integration
- Data fusion in pervasive healthcare environments
- Data mining of medical patient records
- Software architectures
- Electronic Health Records
Pervasive Healthcare Management
- Challenges surrounding data quality
- Standards and interoperability in pervasive healthcare
- Business cases and cost issues
- Security and privacy issues
- Training of healthcare professional for pervasive healthcare
- Legal and regulatory issues
- Staffing and resource management
Submission and Review Process
Poster submissions should be a maximum of?4 pages?including references, figures, tables, and appendix.
All submissions have to comply with the?ACM_SigConf?template (see?Author’s kit?section).
The deadline for the submissions is March 20th, 2020. Authors should submit their extended abstracts using CONFY+ platform accordingly to the link below (you need to register in CONFY+ system at confyplus.eai.eu?prior to submitting your poster):
Submit your POSTER here.
Note that submissions are accepted only in PDF format.
Confidentiality of submissions is maintained during the review process, and the posters will be selected through a double-blind review process and the authors’ name and affiliation must not be on the paper. All rejected submissions will be kept confidential in perpetuity. All submitted materials for accepted submissions will be kept confidential until the start of the conference. Submissions will be evaluated based on their originality, significance of the contribution to the field, technical correctness, and presentation, as well as the potential to include participation by conference attendees. The submission should make explicit how the work offers a unique and substantial contribution beyond what has already been published or submitted.
Posters will be published in EUDL and as part of Pervasive Health Proceedings by EAI Core and submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Submission deadline: March 20th, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: March 27th, 2020
- Camera-ready deadline: April 10th, 2020
- Start of Conference: 18th May 2020
- End of Conference: 20th May 2020
If you have questions about Posters for Pervasive Health 2020, please contact the Poster Chairs:
Oscar Mayora and Karina Caro at firstname.lastname@example.org